Message from the President
In 2018, we celebrated the 150th anniversary. We would like to express our sincere gratitude for your continued support and patronage. We offer great value through our “integrated in-house production system from glass molding processing to assembly”. We have processing equipment to make molded glass lenses with φ1.6㎜-φ300㎜. Our product line is mainly for medical devices, factory automation equipment, and semiconductor related products. We manufacture various shapes of glass molded products for a wide range of applications such as prisms and lenses. To meet the current market demands for high quality lenses with a shorter delivery time and lower cost, we are striving to strengthen corporate capabilities and productivity.
IoT, AI and industrial robots have been recently advocated as essential to every field. We have been researching how we can utilize the cutting-edge technologies to our high-mix low volume production, and we continuously endeavor to improve our processing technologies and equipment, etc.
We will continue to further enhance our “MONOZUKURI”, manufacturing to meet customer requirements more than ever. We look forward to your continued support and encouragement.President Nobuaki Ueda
- 48 million yen
- Number of Employees
- ■Head office: 18 ■Akita Factory: 124
- Business Outline
- Manufacturing, Sales and related business of Glass Lenses for Medical Devices, Factory Automation Devices, Cameras, Mechatronics products,Monitoring Devices, Electronics Devices, and Prisms, etc.
- Our Strength
- We are always ready to respond to customers’ needs in quality and delivery-term with our In-house Integrated Production from glass molding to assembly. For the purpose, we constantly have more than 100 kinds of optical glass material in stock. Our products have been widely used in every optical field and we have been contributing to society through them. Please feel free to inquire us not only for lens processing but also for various glass processing. We are sure we can help you.
- Member of the Board
■ Chairperson Saburo Kohno
■ President Nobuaki Ueda
■ Senior Managing Director Shinichi Izumiya
■ Director Yoshihiro Iwata
■ Director, Factory Manager Hideyuki Mito
■ Director, Sales Department Manager Katsuhito Ozawa
■ Director, Production Dept. Takashi Tsuchiya
■ Auditor Ken Wakaguri
- ・Started glass processing with Trade Name, “Kagasada” .
- May, 1939
- ・The company name changed to “KOHNO KOUGAKU RENZU KAKOUJO”
(Kohno Optical Lens Processing Factory)
・Started press molding of optical lenses.
- October, 1950
- ・The company name changed to “KOHNO KOUGAKU RENZU
KOUGYOUSHO” (Kohno Optical Lens Industrial Factory)
・The capital increased to 1 million yen.
- July, 1957
- ・”Kohno Optical Lens Co., Ltd.” founded.
・The capital increased to 5 million yen.
- April, 1960
- ・The capital increased to 7 million yen.
- January, 1963
- ・The capital increased to 18 million yen.
- June, 1965
- ・Constructed Polishing Factory at the Head Office site in Tokyo.
- March, 1967
- ・The capital increased to 24 million yen.
- November, 1967
- ・New Polishing Factory completed in Jumonjimachi, Yokote, Akita Prefecture.
- December, 1968
- ・New Press Shop completed in Jumonjimachi, Yokote, Akita Prefecture.
- September, 1973
- ・The relocation of the equipment at the Head Office site to Akita Factory completed.
- May, 1974
- ・The capital increased to 43.7 million yen.
- August, 1974
- ・”TAIWAN KOHNO OPTICAL CO., LTD.” established in Taiwan.
- December, 1983
- ・The capital increased to 48 million yen.
- August, 1984
- ・Constructed Centering Factory and Coating Factory at Akita Factory site.
- November, 1984
- ・The extension and reconstruction of the 3rd Press Shop in Akita Factory completed.
(Executive Room, Administration Office, Conference Room also added.)
- June, 1985
- ・Acquired the 2,000 square meters of land next to Akita Factory.
- November, 2011
- ・”DONG GUAN UNIQUE OPTICAL CO., LTD.” established as a joint venture in China.
- August, 2003
- ・”CHENGDU CHUUWA KOHNO OPTICS ELECTRON CO., LTD.” established as a joint venture in China.
- June, 2014
- ・”Eco Stage Level 3″ certified.
“Eco Stage” is an evaluation support system to develop and implement environmental management system. It is highly consistent to ISO14001 and effectively enhances management capability.
- September, 2018
- ・Received the 50th Anniversary Award by the local government of Akita Prefecture for its enormous regional contribution over years.
- September, 2019
- ・Held the party to commemorate the 150th Anniversary. (at the Hotel in Yokote City )